Recipe Box Recipes: Gising Gising
Serving Size 5
- 1 Sariwa Gising Gising Recipe Box
- String Beans/Sitaw
- Garlic, crushed and chopped
- Onion Red, sliced
- Chili Pepper
- Sili Panigang/Green Chili
- 2.5 cups coconut milk
- ¼ kg ground pork
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the ginger, garlic, and onion. Continue to cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the ground pork. Saute for 5 minutes or until the pork turns brown.
- Pour the coconut milk in the pan and let boil. Stir and add the sigarilyas, green chili, chili pepper, and lemongrass. Cover and adjust the heat to low. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid reduces in half.
- Remove the cover and add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until the coconut milk reduces, but do not let the liquid evaporate totally.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!