Arroz con Kamatis at Tinapa
1. 2 tbsp cooking oil
2. 1 tbsp onion (diced)
3. 2 cloves garlic (minced)
4. 1 cup tomato (sliced)
5. 1 cup tinapa flakes (sautéed)
6. 1 cup malagkit
7. 6 cups water/broth of choice
8. Fish sauce
9. Toppings: boiled egg, tinapa flakes, fried garlic, spring onion, calamansi
1. In a wide pot, sauté ginger, tomato, and garlic until tomato softens.
2. Add the malagkit and sauté until rice grains are coated with oil.
3. Add in tinapa flakes. Set some aside for topping.
4. Pour in water/broth.
5. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with fish sauce.
7. Serve hot and enjoy with topping of choice.